Genre research: Malcolm&Marie


  In the drama film Malcolm & Marie, many elements were used. Elements such as the sound of music, climax and tension were deeply embedded in this film. Mostly tension between the two main characters and their romantic relationship. Throughout the movie, you can clearly see attention build up especially at the most climactic scene.  The use of diegetic sound was another key part of establishing each scene. I created a sense of authenticity allowing me to feel as if I was there with the main characters.

    Some elements of drama used in this film that I liked were diction and character development. Dialogue with heavily used in this film. It was the main way of expressing the emotion and hurt each character was going through. Each word was well scripted to draw emotion from the audience. Also, well most people tend to believe that character with development always means develop in a good way. This film shows development going from high to low and low to high. Which I really like because it shows that not everyone is perfect.
    
    Additionally, some elements of drama used in this film that I happen to not like was the cinematography. While it was typically good and captured most moments. I wish there were more variety of angles. To show the characters with this film in focus from a different point of view. However, I still enjoyed the majority of the cinematography. I got a lot of ideas on what not to do and what to do when it comes to the filming aspect. I also got to look into what suits my ways of working the best.
                                                                           xoxo, Dru Donald 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog- Second day of fliming

Production Blog- Post Card

A Level: Group Blog