My Creative critical reflection

1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does

it represents social groups or issues?

    My Product uses conventions through its editing.   Common conventions of pop music videos are retro these
and bright lights. Throughout my editing, I added different effects and filters to bring this theme to life.
My product represents the social groups of teens and pops music enthusiasts. The song I choose for my
project is very new and is raved about throughout the teen social group.
Also, as this song is of the pop music genre, those apart of that social group can identify common
conventions
from their other favorite music videos and feel familiar.
 2.How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?

My product engages with the audience by breaking the fourth wall. This when the actor in a film or in

In this case a music video looks at the audience and acknowledges their existent.

This helps bring the audience into the preexisting world

. In my music video, the actress often looked at the camera which made the audience feel like they were
on a journey with her.
My product would be distributed as real media text through multiple social media ads.
Not only will ads with 5-10 second clips of my music are played in between Youtube videos, but
Also, in between stories on apps such as Instagram and short ads on Tiktok.
These get images through the viewer's brain and keep them wanting more. Additionally, music apps
such as Spotify and Apple Music will show clips and info on where to watch the entire video.
3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?
My production skills didn't develop that much throughout this project. However, from what I did learn
perceived it as very valuable intel. For example, the two main production skills I've developed greatly
with this project were timing and effects.
For instance, effects affect the timing, when your product needs to be exactly a minute, and an effect
slows down a clip, your product will now be over one minute.
So it is important to always watch our product through and edit than trim precisely. If not you will be
stuck with a product that exceeds the maximum time.
I ran into a lot of issues with that during this project, but because of it, my skills developed greatly!
4. How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware, and online- in this project?
I integrated technologies such as hardware and online throughout many different things. For one, a car was used during filming, and to edit those car clips I used an online editor called "Capcut". I also used a filter app called "Prequel" which gave my video an indie retro aesthetic. Most of the editing was done in Capcut and directly after I uploaded the video onto Youtube through my laptop I made sure to email it to myself to try and keep the quality. However, the quality was a little distorted when exporting. 
xoxo, Dru Donald

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog- Second day of fliming

Production Blog- Post Card

A Level: Group Blog