My Creative critical reflection

 1. How does your product use or challenge conventions AND how does

it represents social groups or issues?

    My product uses convention in a variety of ways. Conventions used

in makeup, commercials are commonly bur not little to are vanities, studio lighting, beauty sponges, and models.

With my product, I used all four of those things.

     I used my vanity as a simple prop, the beauty sponge as my main product, great lighting to keep the video well lit, and a model which was myself to hold and showcase the product.

This represents the social group of the beauty community through its use of Logos.

Throughout my commercial, I use academic diction that is well known by those of the makeup communit.

I also use logic and facts that pertain to them as well.


 2.How does your product engage with audiences AND how would it be distributed as a real media text?

My product engages with the audience by adding sources on where they can buy the makeup sponge. For example, towards the end of my commercial added text that showed the store names that sold the product.

Such as "Sephora and Ulta". In real media text, my product would be distributed in serval different ways. First, it would be advertised on all forms of social media.

Like Instagram ads, Youtube video ads, and Facebook ads. Apps such as those reach a diverse amount of people.

Also, in another war would be distributed through mutuals.

For instance, I will share it with my family/friends and they will then share it with theirs. This is an efficient way to spread my product through real idea text locally.


3. How did your production skills develop throughout this project?

My production skills developed in an assortment of ways through this project. Before the project, I did not know the first thing about conventions. Now I know how to probably pick the most appropriate ones and showcase them. Also, I learned the importance of proper angles. Every angle should have a reason behind it. For example, an high angle should be used to make the product paper smaller and more vulnerable. Before, I thought I thought you would just pick and choose angles based on a whim.

4. How did you integrate technologies- software, hardware, and online- in this project?

I integrated different technologies in this project through many different programs. First, I recorded all footage on my phone and took some portrait mode photo needed also on my phone. Next, I used the app InShot to fit all the clips together. Next, I went on Youtube to find Copyright-free commercial music to add in the background of my project. Then, I layered on the music and added a voice over it. It was then I noticed I needed a different angle shot of the beauty sponge so I took one of the portrait mode photos in my gallery and edited in the app "PicsArt". Once I finished with that, I imported the photo back into InShot. Lastly, I added all the required text and trimmed the video to exactly 30 seconds, and uploaded it on YouTube.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Production Blog- Second day of fliming

Production Blog- Post Card

A Level: Group Blog